Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bseball Stuff

I don’t have many collectables baseball stuff but the ones I do have are pretty cool. On the left is a 1955 Phil Rizzuto baseball card. I bought this off a friend before The Scooter went into the Hall. I don’t remember him as a player, I grew up with him, White and Messer doing the Yankee games. There would be two on the TV and one doing radio and they would rotate. My favorite combination is Rizzuto and White. White had a way of getting Rizzuto going. He would say stuff like, “Hey Scooter, did you go to that Italian restaurant the other night?” They we would get three inning of Rizzuto telling us what he ate. And if the Yankees were scoring runs. Then if the Yankees were scoring runs he would say, “I talk about Italian food and the Yanks are scoring. Let me tell you what I had for dinner last week.”
To the right is Joe DiMaggio’s autograph on a paper card of him. There was a Bowery Saving Bank by me and Joe made an appearance there. My parents waited in line to see him. My mother said that grown men were crying when they saw him, telling him how great he was.
Here’s a commercial Joe was in:

It’s not the one I wanted to find. The one I wanted to post was the one with the Bowery jingle. It went something like:
“The Bowery
The Bowery
The Bowery pays a lot
The Bowery pays 6
when other banks do not.”
The bottom picture is Darryl Strawberry when he was on the Tidewater Tides. The back of the card is blank so I don’t know what year it’s from. I think it’s from “The Year Before Drugs.

No comments:

The Dinosaurs