Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sid


I like to do a little painting. It started out with drawings on small pieces of paper. Then I wanted to see how I could do with oils. What a big difference. Not only did you have to do the images, you had to get the paint on the canvas in a certain way. Just the right amount to paint, the brush strokes, no bleeding and other stuff. Then I figured out to how to use paint thinner on the paint to thin it out on the canvas.

I don't expect to see my name up there with Dali or Pissaco anytime soon. This is just for me to mess around with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always assumed this was a caricature of you

Zapple100 said...

It's funny you should say that. This girl that I worked with moved to Florida. She wanted a painting, so I mailed her one. When I spoke to her on the phone, she said Sid was me. I told her it wasn't me, but she kept on insisting it was me.
It's really the only thing I know how to paint and I would hate to think I keep on painting myself.

Herb said...

A guy with an oversized head. That's you alright. lol

Why don't you tell us what "message" you're trying to convey with this painting.

The Dinosaurs