I used to know a Manager in my old job who thought he was really smart. But he wasn’t. He didn’t know too much.
Everything he knew was word for word out of a book. If I had a question to ask him about something new we had to do,he would quote it word for word from the book. I would tell him, “Look I read the same thing. What does it mean.”  He would repeat the same thing, word for word. I would tell him again, I read the same thing, what does it mean. He would get really mad and repeat the same thing over and over.
It got to the point where I said to him, “If you don’t know what it means, can you find somebody who does know.” Then he would get really mad again and say, “I know what it means.” Then word for word again from the book.
It just goes to show, just because you memorized what you read, don’t mean you understand it.