Sunday, December 11, 2011

J&R Music World

One of the big things I miss about working in Manhattan is going to J&R Music World. J&R is one of the only stores that have a deep catalog. Go to any other music store and they only have the latest releases and maybe one of the popular albums. J&R has all the CD’s.
I also learned all my Classical music stuff from J&R. They had their own separate store for Classical. I became friends with the people that worked there and they told me about composers and the music. They also had a big budget section. Most of my Classical stuff is on the Naxos label. For a budget label they got high reviews.
Jazz had it’s own floor with a big budget section. This is where I found out about Chico Freeman. I got a bunch of his CD’s for $1.99.

No comments:

The Dinosaurs