Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Music

Since I work in retail, I’ve been hearing Christmas music non-stop. I wouldn’t mind it if they mixed it up a little, but they play the same songs by different singers over and over. I must hear “Rudolf The Red Nose Reindeer” fifty times a night.  There’s one version by Dean Martin where he calls Rudolf, Rudy.  No wonder Rudy has a red nose, him and Dino been drinking down at the bar. If Rudy is to drunk to drive, I’m sure Dean’s nose will be red enough to take the lead.
Then there Sammy Davis Jr. doing “Jingle Bells.” He sounds like he’s pissed that he has to do the song. On one of the chorus he says, “Everybody.” This usually means the backup singers are going to join in. Nothing. It’s just him singing.
When you think about it, the scariest one is “Frosty The Snowman.” If I was building a snowman, and put a hat on it and it came to life, I’d take the first train out of town.

No comments:

The Dinosaurs