painting by Ralph Rumpelton

When I was young, I had my 45′s that I listened to. My parents had their albums. I never liked their stuff, I wanted to hear, The Monkees, Beach Boys, The Count Five and the rest. This was the one album of my dad’s that I really liked. It was Rock without out being grownup. It was fun music.

It’s recorded in a club and you can hear the crowd in the background. I love albums like this cause it’s like your there and can feel the excitement. I just put this on to my iPOD and after hearing this album for many time, just discovered something new. At the very beginning of the album, right before Trini starts a song, you can hear somebody in the audience yell, “All night long.” The crowd is pumped for this show!

Being the rotten guitar player I am, Trini Lopez’s guitar style is who I always wanted to play like. I don’t care about and ten minute solos, Trini’s playing is nice and fat and carries the songs.

I also want to mention that this is a tight band:

Trini Lopez – guitar

Dick Brant – bass and some of the best moves around

Mickey Jones – drums

You can keep Cream and all those other power trios. This is the type of band I always wanted to be in.

The painting is called “Bizzaro World Trini Lopez.” It didn’t start out like that, but when I got done and looked at it, it was the perfect name for it.