Since I got an iPod I thought an external hard drive might be a good idea. People were telling me that having a lot of songs on your computer will slow it down. Yesterday I go to Best Buy. I couldn’t find anybody there to help me. Finally after about twenty minutes I get somebody. I’m explaining to him what I want the hard drive for. They sales person had no idea what I was talking about. He had one of those looks on his face that said, “I’ll just say yes to whatever he say’s.”

There was this lady who was standing by us, she joined the conversation and the sales person left. He was happy to get out. She’s telling me what I need to do cause she has an external hard drive. Then here husband showed up and and was telling me how to hook it up. So I go pay and I’m waiting on the line. The lady and her husband show up on the line and we start talking, next thing you know the whole line is telling me how to hook it up. Everybody is giving me advise. There must be more then one way to do it cause everybody was telling me something different.

I get the thing home and hook it up and go to transfer the songs over. Seemed to be working. Now I can’t access the external hard drive. I wanted to make sure the songs were on there. Nothing I did worked, I hit everything possible. Finally I ended up deleting the songs.

I’m gonna take the external hard drive back. I don’t think I need it. My computer is 585GB and I have 509 free. My iPod is 8GB. Even is I fill it up and put 2,000 songs on it, I’ll still have 501 GB left on my computer.