Sunday, June 20, 2010

The World Cup

I’ve been watching The World Cup. I was really excited for it cause it’s such a big deal. I can only say one thing about it, BORING. They play a whole game and nobody scores a goal and they talk about what a great game it was. Even a shot on goal would be welcome. When the game is one to nothing, be thankful somebody scored. It’s like the biggest thing in the world. The announcer on the Spanish channel goes wild, “goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal.”

Now we all know nobody really scores much in soccer (I’m from The States). But when your team is down 1-0, you got to attack. It’s common sense, you want to score, you got to get the ball in their zone. So why do the team that is losing 1-0 have the ball at midfield, and they work it back to their goalkeeper? How are you going to score back there! Don’t they know they’re going the wrong way. Attack!

I read something today that was really funny.The biggest upset in World Cup history happened today, New Zealand tied Italy. They didn’t even beat Italy. That’s an upset? I call it “lucky you didn’t get beat, but you didn’t win either.”

No comments:

The Dinosaurs