Friday, April 23, 2010

The Cashier

I went to Sears Hardware store to day to buy some hardware for my dining room table. After five minutes I found a sales person. I had to get certain bolts and screws. My dining room table is one of these put together furniture. After awhile the hardware breaks and the chairs become shaky. I bought this hardware before there so I know they had it. I was explaining to him what I needed. He had no idea what I was talking about. I even drew him a picture. He was still lost. So I kept looking in the store and found the hardware.
Now comes the funny part. I bring it up to the cashier and she says to me, "How much are these?" I told her, "I think they're sixty five cents apiece." "She said, "That's close enough."
It's not entirely her fault for not knowing the price. There was no barcode on them. I could have said any price, she wouldn't care. She just wanted me out of the store so she could keep on talking to her friends.

No comments:

The Dinosaurs