Saturday, August 29, 2026

Rumpelton — Artist Statemen

 I make digital outsider art in MS Paint. The tools are simple, the results are strange, and the effort behind them is serious even when the paintings aren’t.

I don’t chase realism, perfection, or traditional skill. I chase the feeling of making something that looks like it shouldn’t exist but somehow does. My portraits come out crooked, distorted, funny, and occasionally alarming — and that’s exactly the point. They’re honest. They’re human. They’re mine.

I put real work into every piece. I try hard, even when the outcome makes me laugh. I treat MS Paint the way some people treat oil and canvas: with respect, discipline, and a willingness to see what happens when you push a primitive tool as far as it can go.

I’m not interested in fame. I’m interested in the name. Rumpelton is meant to float around the internet like a rumor — a digital folk character who shows up in jazz circles, outsider‑art threads, and odd corners of the web. I want people to see the name and wonder who he is, not find a face or a biography.

My work lives in the space between effort and absurdity. It’s not excellent, it’s not good, and it’s not trying to be. It’s Rumpelton.

                                                                 Ralph Rumpelton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avachives 60: Frank Zappa - Bongofury

                                “ Inspired by the hiss before the needle finds the groove.” Ralph Rumpelton Frank Zappa - Bongofury RR-2025...