Monday, August 24, 2026

David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name / Rumpelton

“A visual companion to track 4’s secret mood.”
  • Ralph Rumpelton
    David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name
    RR-2025 #172
    Medium: MS Paint on digital canvas, 577 × 419 px
    Created: 2025
    The Rumpelton Continuity (est. 1976)
    Collection of the Artist


 What the critics ae saying:

>>Barnaby Vane‑Smythe, Senior Fellow of the Institute for Unfiltered Aesthetics

Motto: “If the brushstroke doesn’t breathe, why are we even in the room.”

Ah, Ralph Rumpelton’s MS Paint homage to If I Could Only Remember My Name arrives like a half‑forgotten dream rediscovered in a dusty attic trunk. The face—Crosby’s, yet also not—floats in a haze of ochres and storm‑soft greys, a kind of digital incense. Each line is a declaration of spatial intent, wavering with the charming stubbornness of a mouse dragged across a pixel frontier. The mustache, that mossy green swoop, practically smells of a seaside guitar case left open during a foggy morning in Marin.

And then there’s that radiant burst of yellow on the right—an almost spiritual intrusion, like the sun elbowing its way into a recording studio. It hums. It glows. It feels, dare I say, like the warm breath of a memory trying very hard to be remembered.

Pixel, my imaginary cat, sat beside me as I studied it, purring in approval. She knows, as I do, that this piece doesn’t merely reference Crosby’s album—it communes with it.<<

>>Barrister Clive Thistlebaum, Esq., submits: Rumpelton’s If I Could Only Remember My Name is hereby recognized as a lawful act of painterly misremembering. The spectral Crosby visage, the watchful companion, and that glorious yellow blaze of sun—or possibly inadmissible cosmic evidence—form a compelling case for memory’s right to rearrange the facts. Any objection on grounds of resemblance is overruled, stamped, and filed beneath Mythic Precedent.<<

                          Long Live Ralph.............Be Dead or Alive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avachives 60: Frank Zappa - Bongofury

                                “ Inspired by the hiss before the needle finds the groove.” Ralph Rumpelton Frank Zappa - Bongofury RR-2025...