Sunday, June 17, 2012

I Don't Believe In Lennon

I always thought John Lennon was one of these guys who spoke just to hear himself speak. Didn’t matter what the subject was, he pick a point then defend it. A week or so later he’ll take the other side and try to come up with someway to defend that point.
Here’s a good example. On his song “God” he says,
“I don’t believe in magic
I don’t believe in I-ching
I don’t believe in Bible
I don’t believe in Tarot
I don’t believe in Hitler
I don’t believe in Jesus
I don’t believe in Kennedy
I don’t believe in Buddha
I don’t believe in Mantra
I don’t believe in Gita
I don’t believe in Yoga
I don’t believe in Kings
I don’t believe in Elvis
I don’t believe in Zimmerman
I don’t believe in Beatles
I just believe in me…and that reality”
Couple of years later he comes up with this brilliant piece of philosophy,
“I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?”
I know that people change and over the years their thinking changes, but he  did this a lot. One minute he’s singing “Give Peace A Chance,” then he’s singing “Power To The People.”

No comments:

The Dinosaurs