Saturday, May 12, 2012

Splinter - "The Place I Love"

One of my best pickups ever, Splinter’s “The Place I Love.” Me being a big Beatle fan I read about this album but never seen it anywhere. I knew Harrison played on it and produced it, so I was on the lookout for it.
 One day (this is way back when) I go to Titus Oaks Records which was in an old Weston’s building) and there it was in the used album section. Right in the front of the used albums row. I ran over there and grabbed it before anybody else could. I turn it over to see what the back cover looked like and it had credits on it. There I saw the names, Hari Georgeson, P. Roducer, and Jai Raj Harisein. I knew that was  George Harrison, he was all over the album. Other names were Harrison’s friends, Gary Wright, Jim Keltner, Billy Preston, Willy Weeks, and Klaus Voorman.
The album cost $1.99 and the best part, it was in mint condition. Not a single pop on it.

No comments:

The Dinosaurs