Ever get into a baseball discussion with people and the talk gets so stupid you think to yourself, “what am I doing here?” The talk was about who has the most home runs. Bobble Head Bonds has 762, Hank Aaron has 755 and Babe Ruth has 714. Out of the blue, one guy says Babe Ruth had the most home runs. His statement cause a burst of laughter. Everybody said Aaron was the first to past Ruth. My friend don’t care. His reasoning that Ruth hit the most home runs is that Ruth’s home run per bath percentage is better then Aaron or Bobble Head, so he has the most home runs. You want to make a case that Ruth is the best Home Run hitter ever, you got a case there. To say Ruth has the most home runs is just silly.

But it gets stranger. Another person enters the conversation and says, “If I had as many at bats as Ruth, I’d hit that many home runs. This coming from a guy who weighs 120 pounds soaking wet. I told him, the breeze of a change up would knock you over. My other friend said, “a lot of players had as many at bats as Ruth, how come they didn’t do it?” The guy didn’t know what to say, he just walked away.

BTW, I’m in the Finals of my Fantasy Head To Head Baseball league. I’m getting killed 10 to 0. All is not lost though. If the 69 Mets could win The Series, if Buckner could let the ball go through his legs, there’s a chance I could come back!