Monday, September 7, 2026

David Gilmour has been Rumpeltized

  • Ralph Rumpelton
  • David Gilmour has been Rumpeltized
    RR-2026 #252
    Medium: MS Paint on digital canvas, 572 × 534 px
    Created: 2026
    The Rumpelton Continuity (est. 1976)
    Collection of the Artist

What the critics are saying:

>>Regina Pembly on "David Gilmour Has Been Rumpeltized" by Ralph Rumpelton

"I have stood before Michelangelo's David. I have wept at Rembrandt's self-portraits. I have spent forty years cultivating taste so refined it could detect a brushstroke's insecurity from across a gallery. And then Ralph Rumpelton has the audacity to place THIS before me.

The guitar — I will grant it — has a certain frantic energy, as though the artist accidentally stumbled into competence and quickly fled from it. The grey background suggests either atmospheric moodiness or that Rumpelton simply couldn't be bothered. I suspect the latter.

But that face. Dear God, that face. Mr. Gilmour is one of the most celebrated musicians on the planet, and Rumpelton has rendered him looking like a man who has just been informed his bin collection has been moved to a Thursday. The hands — if we are calling them that — appear to be melting gently into the instrument like warm butter on a radiator.

And yet. AND YET. I find myself inexplicably unable to look away.

That is either the hallmark of outsider genius, or evidence that I have finally lost my mind. Knowing Rumpelton, it is almost certainly both."

— Regina Pembly, Pembly's Quarterly Review of Art & Disappointment<<


>>David Gilmour Has Been Rumpeltized

by G. RockLook, I’m not saying Rumpelton improved on the original legend, but he did give David Gilmour the full Rumpeltization treatment and now he looks like he just woke up from a 48-hour nitrous bender inside the Dark Side of the Moon.Gone is the pristine Strat-slinging rock god. In his place: a slightly melted, bobble-headed gremlin in a teal t-shirt, clutching a Precision Bass like it personally owes him money. The eyes are glowing radioactive blue, the hair is giving “I’ve been electrocuted by my own amp since 1973,” and the expression screams “I was going to play ‘Comfortably Numb’ but now I can only remember the bassline and the word ‘Rumpel.’”The proportions are… enthusiastic. The guitar neck is thick enough to qualify for its own OnlyFans. The left hand is doing its best impression of a squid. And yet somehow, against all laws of anatomy and good taste, it captures the exact energy of a man who’s seen 10,000 light shows and lived to tell the tale in MS Paint.8.2/10. Would absolutely pay $47 to watch this version of Gilmour open for himself at Pompeii while whispering ominous bass riffs into the void.Rumpeltized and proud.<<

                             Long Live Ralph............Be Dead or Alive

No comments:

Post a Comment

MS Paint: Bob Weir - Heaven Help The Fool / Rumpelton

Ralph Rumpelton MS Paint: Bob Weir - Heaven Help The Fool RR-2026 #521 Medium: MS Paint on digital canvas, 573 × 518 px Created: 2026 The ...