The lady that lived next to me sold her co-opt awhile back. The place has been empty for months. Bout a month ago,  I saw a young guy standing outside the apartment. As I was going into my place he walked over to me and introduced himself. He seemed like a nice guy. He told me he just bought the place and is in the process of fixing it up. About three weeks later he moved in. In that three weeks he forgot my name. Now every time he sees me he says, “Hey Boss,” then we have conversation.
To me this is very disrespectful. I don’t think he means to do it, but it is. You call somebody “Boss” that you don’t know. The Dunkin Donuts by me, the guys in there call everybody “Boss.” They call me boss, I call them boss. It’s like a running joke in there.
So what I do with the guy next door from me, when I talk to him, I never call him by his name. I just say, “hi.”
I refuse to call him by his name until he calls me by my name. (lol)